Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 3 September 2016

Joy To The World (by Asha)

Good morning, fellow Chocoholics. This month we will be sharing projects with "Texture" and that means texture stamps, stencils, pastes, embellishments, powders etc.

I decided to make a card with a textured look but without the bulk. Distress Inks and water are the main players. I started by applying Distress Inks in Dusty ConcordFaded JeansMilled LavenderWorn Lipstick and Spun Sugar for the sky; and Vintage PhotoRusty Hinge and Antique Linen for the desert sand. Then I spritzed some water waited for the inks to react, blotting with a paper towel until I got the desired effect.

The focal image is from the Peace on Earth A5 sheet, stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black.

For added texture. I heat embossed a piece of card with WOW Silver EP and die cut tiny stars and adhered these to the sky. I matted the design onto kraft card to tame the busy background.


I have more pictures and details of tools and products over at my blog. Thank you for stopping by today and come back soon for more amazing creations by the rest of the Design Team.

Beijinhos,
Asha

6 comments:

  1. A fantastic, christmascard to share, great colours, great stamp!! I love this!!

    Have fun!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful background effect Asha and the sihouette figures are perfect over the top, also lovely twinkly stars to finish. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Asha, this background looks great!! Fab inking and the tiny stars add a beautiful texture and interest to your scene! Love the silouette, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Worder full card Asha what marvelour images and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colourcombi that I wouldn't think of but so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!