For my last DT post this month I did another canvas as we are still playing with textures.
I used a brick wall stencil and texture paste on two corners, then acrylic paint over all the canvas. I wanted a sort of peeling paint effect, so added some Decoart antiquing cream in patina green and rubbed it off over the bricks. It wasn't quite right, so I scrubbed it with a baby wipe and then added distress rock candy crackle paint , which was a bit better.
I stamped the steampunk roses onto tissue paper with archival ink, then coloured on the reverse with alcohol marker pens. I tore them out, then added to the base with a matt multimedia medium.
They didn't quite blend in with the background, but I didn't dare trying to get them off and trim them some more!
For the butterfly I brushed some metallic mica powders over the stamp before I added the black soft form relief paste over the whole stamp and left it to dry.
Once it was dry - about 30 hours this time - I peeled the paste off the stamp, trimmed the edges and glued onto the canvas.
I was very pleased with the butterfly, though I had forgotten just how little powder you needed......and how it gets everywhere!