Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 14 December 2016

A Snowy Aurora (by Rachel)

This week sees our lovely guest design team member Rachel sharing her first project which is all about some Snowy Penguins.

Hi everyone I am thrilled to be back for the next three weeks sharing some of my favourite stamps with you and as it is the festive season I want to start with my take on a winter scene.



I first stamped the main image then added the extra penguins before masking them off. I wanted to create a background to imitate the aurora borealis so I used distress inks to try and give this effect.

I then added colour to the penguins and some Stickles to for that icy feel and finished by mounting it on a square white card blank.  These are such lovely stamps and are really very cute!

Thank you for joining me and I shall see you again next week.

Rachel

Thanks Rachel I think you have captured the aurora extremely well, can't wait to see next week's project.

And thanks to all of you for dropping in to keep us company, please join us again to see what other delights await you from our design team.



8 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Rachel, your Northern Lights inking is fabulous, love the great images, altogether a gorgeous card, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The penguins are so cute and you have certainly captured the Northern Lights perfectly Rachel. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful polar scene and these penguins are so cute. Fab colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look proper chilly ;) It's a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a beauty! Love the dark sky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!