Pin It button on image hover

Monday 26 December 2016

Snowy Cottage (posted by Claire)

Good morning and Happy Boxing Day everyone! I hope you're all having a wonderful Christmas break and now the big day is done hopefully we'll all have time to relax and enjoy some crafting time.


For my project today I've made a Christmas card using one of my favourite stamps, this one is 'Snowy Cottage'. I stamped the image onto glossy card using Black Memento Ink, the glossy card gives a lovely crisp image and is perfect for brayering. I masked the moon and brayered the sky using a dark blue dye ink. Next I added some shadows by misting the blue ink on my  brayer with water and applying the diluted ink with a paint brush. I added a little dark green to the trees and bushes and then lots of glitter. I used a white pen to add some falling snow. I die cut an aperture in a linen card blank and outlined it with a black pen and to finish off I stamped the sentiment.

Thanks for visiting, keep checking back as my teamies have lots of inspiration for you 
Claire xx





6 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Claire, lovely the dark sky and the image just pops out as it's a cas design, love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore this pretty scene Claire and I love the colour blue for the sky and the shadows and the glittery roofs, and the added falling snow using a white pen. What a great idea also to make an aperture to view the scene through and highlight it with black pen. I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas too Claire. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just amazing! Love the paceful scene you have created, great sky with your brayer, the moon looks great and love the snow added. A great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, just love sparkly snow. This is the scene we woke up to this morning, was quite a shock since it was so warm here yesterday. Hope everyone is having a lovely festive time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful scene, just how Christmas should look ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colours; a silent world...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!