Pin It button on image hover

Monday 2 January 2017

new dawn (by Veronica)

2017 sees a new start for Chocolate Baroque, when Lesley has her first show on Hochanda on Wednesday - I shall be firmly glued to the tv at 1100 and 1700 to see what new techniques she comes up with!
When sorting out my craft space post-Christmas, I found loads of stash, including some little (if at all, to be honest) used stamps, that were must-haves at the time that got sidelined....I am sure we all have them somewhere! I decided to use a couple of them and have a quick play among the chaos, and this is one of the results.
The main stamp is from owl edges, and the sentiment from see beauty - I usually give sentiment stamps a miss as I can almost guarantee I won't stamp them straight, but clear stamps are a help, and I manage to get them a lot straighter than otherwise, so risked adding this one to the card blank......
Background using distress inks, narrow black mat on a 5"x7" white card blank.

The main focus of the DT this month is romance, and here is my first 'official' sample, using the lovely harlequin rose stamps.It has been around for a while, but is such a useful set for general cards, not only for Valentine cards.
I stamped the main stamp with black versafine, clear embossed it before adding colour with brusho powders, and mica powder for the swirl in the corner. Background stamp from the same set, stamped with wild honey distress ink, which was also brushed round the edges.

I hope you all have a very happy, healthy and crafty new year.
Veronica

5 comments:

  1. This Harlequin Rose is beautiful and I love the border you have made down the side Veronica. The silhouette bulrushes are also very pretty with the sunset in those gorgeous colours and the perfect sentiment too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning cards Veronica, love the inking of you sky in the first card, beautiful colours and design also on the Harliquin rose card, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful :) Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved watching you Leslie and your demos and on a professional crafting channel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!