Pin It button on image hover

Monday 8 May 2017

dreaming (by Veronica)


Despite fairies not being my favourite themes, I had fun with the stamps featured in the last show on Hochanda - I hope you saw some of the shows and Lesley's super demos.
My inspiration for these came from being allowed to play with my friend Janet's set of the new distress oxide ink pads and black card - I tried to recreate the effect by using white pigment ink and ordinary distress inks, not quite the same but near enough.
I usd the larger silhouette palace stencil for the buildings, and sponged the white pigment ink in streaks to create the base of the sky. Once it was dry, I sponged streaks of purple and green distress inks to create a sort of northern lights sky.
The winged horse and fairy silhouettes were stamped with versamark ink and embossed using a sparkly black powder. A glitter black card matt and a white base card to finish.

The second version has the stencil lower down the card, and a rather heavier application of the white ink first. I added an outline to the stencil using white marker pen, and the sentiment from the clear see beauty set embossed with white.

8 comments:

  1. I love the second one with its touches of white, it's so atmospheric. I wouldn't really have thought of using blacks and greys with Fairies but it works really well, it's terrific. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fantastic, so atmospheric, I love them, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are fantastic, so atmospheric, I love them, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore how you have made these night time scenes Veronica, and I particularly love the second with the addition of the white pen and ink, really atmospheric. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two brilliant cards. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So different and still so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two very lovely cards, I especially like the second one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!