Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 10 May 2017

Fairy Door (by Penny)

Hello everyone, today sees the first of three visits this month from Penny Butler, one of our regular Guest Design Team members. Penny created this fabulous project for our recent TV shows on Hochanda, and she is sharing her creative process with us on the blog today.

Penny writes:

Hello, I'm Penny and it's my pleasure to be Guest Designer this month. I have three projects for you, this is the first.

I used stamps from the Spring Fairy Collection and Fantasy Castles, Aztec paints, glitter and an embossing folder from my stash. I stamped and embossed the fairies and some floral images onto the card, coloured them and cut them out. I stamped a castle onto another piece of card, masked it, created a background, and then painted the castle. The background panel was trimmed and attached to the back of the doorway, then I added an embossed panel to that. The fairies were decoupaged onto the front of the piece.

For more details, head over to Penny's blog.

Thank you so much Penny, for sharing your project with us today. We look forward to seeing another creation from Penny next week.


9 comments:

  1. What a lovely thing to make for a little girl who loves fairies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! The sone in the background looks so realistic, as do the door handles. The two Fairies look like they're keeping the door well guarded. I really like the vibrant colours too. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful creation Penny and love the colours too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever idea and so beautiful colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and beautifully coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card Pennt. Thank you. Both my granddaughters would live this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning the colours are amazing, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!