Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 11 June 2017

scenic butterfly (by Veronica)

 A lesson in how to drive yourself nuts here, made worse by my not having cleaned the lovely patchwork butterfly stamp properly!

Inspired by some outline stamps seen recently, I thought I would have a go at using the butterfly in a similar fashion. The stamp was too mucky for me to just ink up the edges and wipe any overspill off with a wipe , so I tried masking the centre of the wings before inking the edges of the stamp and the centre body - after many attempts I got a pair of masks that worked fairly well and gave me a reasonable outline once I removed the masks and stamped the butterfly.

A second mask for the negative image was much easier! Once this was in place, I inked a background into the butterfly frame using distress oxide inks, then stamped the silhouette grasses stamp using black versafine ink, and added some small butterflies from butterfly blush. A quick sponge round the outline and a black matt finished the first off.



The orher two cards used the same technique and stamps but with an extra mask so that I could stamp a background scene as well, using the bridge image from kingfisher song. The base card  for the second card was inked randomly with the butterfly stencil.





I really enjoyed doing these once I got the masks sorted out, but don't  think I will be repeating it any time soon....at least not unless I get a clean stamp.........


10 comments:

  1. waue masking gives a great effect. you should make more of theese they are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevertheless beautiful cards Veronica, lovely butterfly images and fabulous stamping, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great and clever idea Veronica, beautiful cards! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favourite butterfly stamp. I love the size and thank you for giving me the inspiration to try to make a mask. The distress oxide background are perfect.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards today. Love them both. Thank you for sharing these with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning results Veronica even though it was rather fiddly. I love them all. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of the butterfly, so creative with these scenery!! Thanks for sharimg this awesome idea and technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look of these - well worth all the effort ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning cards and fabulous stamping too. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So different and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!