Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 19 July 2017

Blue Poppies (by Penny)

Hello everyone, here is the second post this month from Penny Butler. She has made a pretty card incorporating some stunning blue poppies.

Penny writes:

Hello again, I hope everyone is well and still enjoying our Summer. Today I have a lovely 'worker' card for you, my second post here as Guest Designer this month.

I have used the Poppy Meadow and Words of Inspiration stamp sets, Kraft paper, black card, Distress Crayons, Onyx Black Versafine Ink, metallic colouring pencils, and bits and bobs from my stash.

I scribbled the crayons onto the Kraft paper and blended them with a little water. I added Distress Ink around the edges, matted the background onto black card, and attached it onto a white base card. On another piece of black card, I stamped and embossed a poppy. I coloured it in with pencils, then cut around it leaving a small border. I attached it with dimensional glue. I then stamped and embossed a sentiment in black onto a piece of Kraft paper, die cut it into a tag, and added ribon. I added the same ribbon, some lace and a button to the card with some adhesive tape, then added the tag. I finished the design with some Stickles glitter glue.


Penny will be back with her final project of the month next week,






12 comments:

  1. This is a stunning card. I love the way that the Poppy really pops off of that lovely blue/green background. The colours all really compliment each other too, I love it! Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a stunning card, love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning Penny, I adore blue poppies and this image is gorgeous, loving your colours and design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bright and pretty distress crayon background that Penny has made and the blue poopy looks great over the top. Lovely finishing touches too. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!