Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Mackintosh Lantern (by Penny)


Hello everyone, today sees the first of three posts this month from Penny Butler, one of our regular Guest Design Team members. Penny has designed a very pretty luminary for her first project this month.

Penny writes:

Hello everyone, I hope that you are all enjoying some sunshine. It is my pleasure to bring you three projects this month, and the first is one of my samples from the recent TV shows.

I have used the Mackintosh Windows stamp set, black card, parchment paper, alcohol pens, silver embossing powder, gilding wax, and an embossing folder from my stash. I embossed the black card in the folder, and added the gilding wax. I stamped and embossed the four window images onto the parchment paper and coloured them on the reverse. I cut the parchment into four panels, created a box from the black card, and cut apertures into each side, to make a lantern. I then attached the stamped panels to the inside of the lantern, created a small platform to fit inside the lantern, and added a battery operated tealight.


Thank you for a truly inspirational design Penny. We look forward to seeing another project from Penny next week,




11 comments:

  1. Wow beautiful and great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous project Penny. The Mackintosh panels work beautifully.
    Best wishes
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning and what a great idea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous way to use this lovely stamp. I have never tried embossing on parchment but I must give it a try. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous piece of work from Penny and love the ef used for the background and the parchment panels are so pretty. The art deco design is perfect for this. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning Penny, a wonderful project, and a fantastic way to use this beautiful image, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I've just seen this on Pinterest and it's a real stunner. The silver embossing is just the perfect outline for this gorgeous Mackintosh design and it's absolutely fabulous, I love it, such a creative idea. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!