Pin It button on image hover

Friday 7 July 2017

Stamps and Texture Paste (posted by Claire)

Good morning everyone, I hope you're enjoying this months inspiration, I just love all four of the beautiful ladies in the Four Seasons collection and this project features the lovely Autumn Medley. I began by spreading a thick layer of texture paste over the stamp and leaving her for a couple of days to dry.

.

Once the texture paste was dry I carefully peeled it away from the stamp and triimmed the edges to neaten it up. Then I painted it with acrylic paints, I was really pleased with the effect they gave


I took an oval mdf shape and applied texture paste through a woodgrain stencil, adding a thick layer around the edge of the piece. Once that was dry I painted with acrylic paints in shades of brown and then attached the lady so that her hair wood blend into the wood. I added some flowers, leaves and raffia from my stash and used a little mdf sentiment from my stash to finish off.


I used the same technique for this project but used Winter Dawn


This time rather than paint her with acrylic paint I stuck her to the stencilled background and painted over with black gesso. I highlighted everything with silver gilding wax and then added some iridescent highlights with Twinkling H2O paints. I think her eyes look a bit scary lol


Thanks for visiting today don't forget to keep checking in as my teamies have got some wonderful projects to share !
Claire xx


6 comments:

  1. Wow.......these are stunning Claire and I especially like the first one with it's Autumn palette. I would have never thought to put texture paste straight onto a stamp but it looks absolutely amazing. Both pieces show your creativity at its best and are so inspirational, thank you for sharing how you've made them, I love them both. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a stunning result, like Sandra would never have thought of using texture paste on stamps. Would like to try this, thank you for sharing how it is done. Gorgeous projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects Claire. I have the beautiful Four Seasons stamps on my wish list. I must give this technique a try. I think waiting for the paste to dry might be the hardest part!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great plaques Claire using these pretty ladies and love tbe stamping using texture paste. Perhaps you could tell me if this works with all types of paste or if you need one which is more flexible to remove it more easily from the stamp. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh Claire what amazing and stunning pieces of work, I especially love the Autumn plaque, and certainly a new technique to me, beautifully created.
    Your second plaque is gorgeous, the eyes certainly have it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning projects. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!