Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 9 August 2017

Turquoise Summer (by Carole)

Hello everyone, it is with great pleasure that we are introducing a new member of our Guest Design team today. Carole Cann has agreed to join the Team, and we hope that you will make her very welcome. You may have seen some of Carole's previous artwork on the Challenge Blog, where she entered regularly, and wowed us with her beautiful designs.

As always with new members to our Team, we wanted to get to know Carole a little bit, and we asked her a few questions.

What was the first set of stamps that you bought from Chocolate Baroque?

My first set of Chocolate Baroque stamps was definitely Patchwork Butterfly. I liked everything about it and there is not one stamp that I haven't used.

What would you say is your crafting style?

My crafting style is quite varied and it depends what mood I'm in at the time of making. I am quite meticulous and spend far too long deciding on a layout or where embellishments are going to be placed. I will often stamp things several times if there is a slight flaw, usually due to my cat's fur as he likes to help!

What is your favourite crafting technique?

My favourite crafting technique is definitely stamping, as I can use it on a variety of surfaces with a range of products. I particulaly like working on metal, which seems to have gone out of fashion unfortunately. A lot of Chocolate Baroque stamps are ideal for this technique as they are lovely open designs. I also enjoy doing spritzed Distress Ink backgrounds and then looking at them to see which stamps would go best on them.

I have always been into crafting of some sort as I had very creative parents, and have tried many things over the years including lino and screen printing. I discovered stamping way back in the late 90's and was hooked. I found it very engaging as it gave me the flexibility to use different techniques and products, with other peoples' lovely images.

Carole's first project this month is a pretty card, evocative of Summer days. 

Carole writes:

Hello everyone, here is one of my samples that I would like to share with you all.


I stamped the Garden Lace Scene first, onto white card.  The border from the Harlequin Rose stamp set was stamped alongside with an embossing pad, and clear embossed. It has been coloured with Distress Inks.

The saying, from the Summer Poppies stamp set, was stamped and embossed onto parchment, to give a softer look. I made the roses from circles and attached them, with die cut swirls, for added embellishments.

Changes to the colour scheme could make this suitable for many occasions.

Thank you for looking. I look forward to showing you another idea next time.

Carole 😊

Carole will be back next week with another project to share. You can catch up with her on her blog here. In the meantime, do keep visiting the Design Team blog for a daily dose of inspiration from the regular Design Team girls.


12 comments:

  1. Wow, a lovely card you have made Carole! Like the pastels and the soft feel about this creation, looking forward to your next one.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... It's so elegant and magical! Amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the soft and pretty look you have achieved here Carole and your attention to detail, a gorgeous card. Congratulations on joining the GD team. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful image and the Harlequin border looks stunning. I could see that stamp getting lots of use. It's a beautiful card. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on joining the GD team Carole, I'm so pleased for you. I love your card and how you showcased the gorgeous stamps you used, such a pretty colour scheme too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Carole. Thank you for sharing this with us

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very beautiful card!! Well done to Carole and welcome in the GD team! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Welcome in the GD team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou to everyone who has taken the time to comment on my sample and welcomed me to the GDT.
    It is greatly appreciated. I am very pleased to have been asked to join the team as I have always loved the Chocolate Baroque stamps, they never fail to please.Happy crafting
    Carole:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou to everyone who has taken the time to comment on my sample and welcomed me to the GDT.
    It is greatly appreciated. I am very pleased to have been asked to join the team as I have always loved the Chocolate Baroque stamps, they never fail to please.Happy crafting
    Carole:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.
    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!