Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 5 December 2017

Floral Delights (by Julie)


Hello, today I have three cards that I made especially for Lesley's recent Hochanda shows.


My first card is made with the absolute gem of a set titled very simply as lily .
To start with I stamped the Gerbera style flower onto copy paper and cut out to make masks. (I only stamped the Gerbera once but folded the paper so that when I cut the flower out I had 3 copies) This is so that I can cover the stamped flowers on the main design and then go in and stamp the foliage stamp over the top. The foliage then appears in the background when you remove the masked Gerberas from the card front.
I coloured with a blue Distress ink and splattered with acrylic paint.
The design was finished off with a sentiment from Birthday Words, which I cut out using a circle die.


The focal panel on my second card is again made using the Lily set as before. I have simply coloured the background with Distress inks and then stamped the designs with Onyx Black Versafine before colouring with pencils and adding white paint pen highlights.
The base card was stamped with the Hyacinth from the set of the same name and then coloured with Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink. 


My last card is stamped using the Hyacinth set. The background is coloured with Distress ink and the  main image was stamped in a grey ink before colouring with pencils. Using a pale ink loses some of the detail once the design is coloured so I filled some of it back in with a fine tipped black pen. The base card was stamped with one of the little foliage stamps from the same set and the card was finished off with a sentiment from Birthday Words as before.

Many thanks for take a look. Please call back soon for daily Design Team inspiration.

Julie xx

11 comments:

  1. Hi Julie. Lovely card designs. I particularly like the blue gerbera card, very pretty. Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made that first card, the other two are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are beautiful Julie and shows how you can build up a background with the smaller stamps and make a feature of the largest. In particular I love the gerbera daisy with the foliage as I have this stamp and have not used it for ages so this has given me an idea for a birthday card I need to make shortly. TFS. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous Julie!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Julie. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, what beautiful cards Julie, the floral images are wonderful and your designs and colours fabulous. I especially love the first one, it's so elegant, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are also very beautiful. Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards, my favourite is the CAS first one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely bunch of cards Julie, did not recognize that first stamp but now I know and you did a great job with it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!