Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 7 January 2018

Sea Shell Seahorse (by Penny)

Hello everyone, today we are welcoming Penny Butler as a member of the Design Team. Penny has been a member of our Guest Design Team for some time now, and has also been helping us out with TV samples for our TV shows on Hochanda. Penny's imaginative, vibrant designs, and her love of mixed media are sure to inspire you. I hope that you will join us in welcoming Penny to the Team.



Penny writes:

Hi there and Happy New Year to everyone! I'm Penny and it is my pleasure to bring you this blog post, my first post as a full member of the Design Team! I feel so lucky and privileged to be on this wonderful team, and I hope you enjoy my first project.

Sea Shell Seahorse:

This card was one of my samples for the recent Chocolate Baroque Seaside TV shows. I have used stamps from the Underwater, Mermaid Queen, and Seaside Dreams stamp sets, Aztec Metallic paints, Distress Inks, black Versafine ink, and alcohol pens.

On a piece of white card I stamped and embossed three large focal images in black, then masked them off with masking tissue. I blended three colours of Distress Inks over the whole panel as a background, then stamped a couple of mermaids in second generation ink to add perspective and make them appear to be in the distance. When all of the ink was dry, I removed the masks and painted the images with Aztec paints to give them a pearlescent sheen.

Next, I stamped and embossed the seahorse on a piece of acetate in black. I cut the image out and attached it to the stamped image on the card. I wanted to add some definition and texture. I then added some bubbles with Glossy Accents and left them to dry. I stamped one of the lovely borders along two sides of a white base card and coloured the images with pens, adding Glossy Accents to the bubbles and seaweed. I edged the focal panel with a gold pen and attached it to the base card. To complete the design, I stamped, embossed and cut out a sentiment, then attached it to the card.

Thank you for popping in today, there are more pictures and details on my blog,

Penny.



7 comments:

  1. This is lovely, the background is gorgeous, I love those second generation mermaids and that seahorse is just fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card with these lovely stamps and like the sentiment stripe

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Penny!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this Penny, beautiful colours and wonderful composition of stamps, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning card Penny and I love the colours of the sea. Congratulations too on joining the CB Design Team, I’m sure that you’ll do them proud. Happy Crafting, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on joining the DT Penny and this is such a pretty card with the beautiful seahorse and the blue is so bright and I love the glossy accent bubbles, and the two borders down each side in the background are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!