Pin It button on image hover

Monday 14 May 2018

Sketchy Doodle Birthday Card (by Pat)

Hello everyone, it is with great pleasure that I am introducing the second of our new Guest Design Team members, Pat Moore. Pat has very kindly written a few words about herself so that you can get to know her a little better before she starts her month of blogging with us.

 Hi everybody, I'm so excited to have been given the opportunity to be part of the Guest Design Team, so thank you so much Lesley, and also to Judith for all her help thus far.

I have always crafted in one way or another, mainly knitting and needlecrafts and some oil and watercolour painting, and it was turning some small cross stitch designs into cards that lead me down this path about twelve years ago.

I started like many others with papercrafts including decoupage, but then crafting on the TV got me interested in stamping and I aquired my first Chocolate Baroque set of stamps, The Art of Chess. I was blown away by their quality and detail and was hooked....lol. I also started blogging about this time too, and my very first post featured this Art of Chess stamp set. I love colouring and getting inky, making my own backgrounds with stamps and stencils, and also enjoy trying out new techniques. I find it so satisfying  to look at my finished piece and know that it started out as just white card. I try not to restrict my cardmaking to one particular style and enjoy using dies and embossing folders as accompaniments to the stamping where appropriate, and the beauty of these stamps is that they lend themselves to all sorts of styles of cardmaking and mixed media. I am really looking forward to this new challenge!

This is the 'how to' for the Sketchy Doodle Flower card:

I have used the Sketchy Doodle Flowers stamp set.

The background was created with Distress Inks which were applied to the white card by laying the colours down on my glass mat and spritzing with water before placing the card over to pick up the colour, and this was repeated several times. When dry I stamped the four flowers using a dark blue Distress Ink and applied several of the colours using a water brush. I cut down the background to fit a 6" square card and blended some more of the dark blue around the edges. I also took some colour from the centres of the background flowers by lifting it out with water.

I stamped another of the flowers onto white card and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. I then fussy cut it and used the same colours as were used on the background flowers, again applied with a waterbrush.

I added a silver heat embossed sentiment to a piece of white vellum and wrapped it around and adhered it to one edge of the background before adding this to the card, then the additional flower was fixed over the top of the vellum.

Pat will be back with another post next week. You can find her blog here.


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Pat! I love the Colors you have used.
    Nice Reading your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pat’s work and I’m thrilled to see her as your new Guest Designer. Great card and it reminds me of Tie-dye patterns. Looking forward to seeing more of Pat’s creations. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card x I did enjoy reading your bio xxx have a lovely day and I look forward to seeing more of your work x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Pat. Beautiful colors and fabulous design.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Pat, lovely to meet you and love the colours and design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and congratulations to you on your GDT spot ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Pat on being part of the GDT, well deserved as your creations are alway wonderful.
    Your card here is so beautiful,brilliantly stamped and coloured,Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations pat, lovely card and fab colours

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big congrats for your GD position! Fabulous card, love how you used the doodled flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful love the colours they combine to perfection love the glimmer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, love your sparkle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!