Pin It button on image hover

Monday 4 June 2018

Bubble Flowers and Tangled Feathers by Penny

Goodly morning peeps, I'm back again to share some more crafty fun with you today.  I thought I'd share a couple of my samples from the Chocolate Baroque shows on Hochanda in May featuring the beautiful floral and feather stamps.


Bubble Flowers 




For this cheerful card I have used stamps from Lords and LadiesSquare Bubbles and 
Words to Dazzle and Sparkle sets; Distress Inks, colouring pencils, a gold pen and an embossing folder from my stash.




Taking a piece of cartridge paper I blended the Distress Inks and let them dry.  I used one of the colours to stamp the bubbles all over the card.  As I was stamping them I could see flower shapes like Daisies cropping up all over the place, so I coloured the 'flowers' with pencils.  They enhanced the background beautifully.  I then used a gold pen around the edges of the panel.



I took a piece of Kraft card and embossed it in a folder from my stash, then blended DI over the pattern.  I attached it to a white base card, then attached the background panel.  I then stamped and embossed the Cuckoo Pint image onto another piece of Kraft card in white, and coloured it with pencils.  I then cut the image out, leaving a border around it.  I attached this to the card with 3D foam pads.  I stamped and embossed a sentiment onto spare Kraft card in white and die cut it, adding DI and gold pen around the edges before attaching it to the card with a 3D foam pad.

Tangled Feathers.



On to my second card and I have used stamps from the I Shall be Your Wings set; alcohol markers, Distress Ink, black Versafine ink, clear embossing powder.


On a piece of white colouring card  I stamped and embossed three feathers and the sentiment from the set, placing the sentiment in the centre of the feathers.  The two larger feathers are the tangled ones,with lovely patterns and details.  I coloured all the feathers with the pens, then added a shadow line around them in grey.  I blended grey Distress Ink around the edges of the focal panel and matted it onto navy card to compliment the colours of the feathers.



To complete this design I attached the panel to a white base card.



Thank you for dropping in today, I hope that you have enjoyed these projects and that you're inspired to have a go yourselves!

Take care, have lots of crafty fun, and I'll see you again soon


                                                  x Penny x

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'm especially attracted to those feathers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous cards Penny, and love the bubbles background turned into flowers on the first card and the kraft embossìng and also the pretty stamped and coloured flowers, then the beautifully coloured feathers in the blue frame and love the rounded edges, and a great sentiment too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, love the stamp you used for both your amazing cards! I have to had the squared bubbles and the feathers! LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous Penny! Love the stamps and gorgeous backgrounds.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!