Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 10 June 2018

Embossed and Shrink Plastic Wings (by Julie)

Hello, I hope you managed to catch Lesley and Judith demonstrating these fantastic new stamps on Hochanda recently. Here are two of my cards created especially for the show and both are made with I Shall Be Your Wings


The feathers in the background were stamped and then embossed with purple embossing powder before setting with a heat gun. I then inked up the Square Bubbles background stamp with clear embossing ink and dabbed it around the background. Next I took some green and purple Pan Pastels and applied them over the top. The wet embossing ink catches the Pan Pastel and shows the design of the stamp.
On a separate piece of  card I stamped the two large decorative feathers, coloured them with pencils and dabs of Crystal Stickles and then cut them out.
I mounted the background onto black card-stock and also cut a strip of black card to mount the decorative feathers onto. I finished the card off with the stamped sentiment that I had coloured with the background Pan Pastels. 

 

My second project is a pair of earrings that I have created from shrink plastic and then attached to the front of a card.
To start with I inked up one of the large decorative feathers with white Brilliance ink and stamped onto black shrink plastic. I then repeated this step before cutting them both out. I punched a hole at the base of each feather, using a Crop 'o dile, before shrinking so that I could attach a jump ring and an earring hook to each feather.
The card was stamped with two of the feathers from I Shall Be Your Wings using Onyx Black Versafine, before colouring with Mustard Seed and Peacock Feather Distress inks. I stamped the sentiment in Versafine ink as before and then punched two holes for the earrings to be hooked through.
Dabs of Crystal Stickles were added to the feathers as a finishing touch.

Thank you for stopping by and please call back soon for daily Design Team inspiration.

Julie xx

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, love these feather stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Two stunning projects!!! Love so very much the first card and also the shrinked earrings with their card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous, love your card and the earrings are great.
    Might just have to buy this set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous projects Julie, love the earrings and their presentation card. Your first card is beautifully coloured and designed, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Julie, love the earrings and wonderful cards using the feathers.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creations Julie and I would love to have such a kind of earrings ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creations Julie and I love the Pan Pastel colours you have used highlight the bubbles in the background too, and the two larger feathers on the black panel stand out beautifully, and then the shrink plastic earrings on the second card which work so well, and another pretty background. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!