Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 26 June 2018

Floral Feathers (by Julie)

Hello, today I have two cards that I have based around the brand new Lords and Ladies stamp set


For my first card I inked up the spray of flowers with an olive green dye ink and repeatedly stamped along the bottom of my base card. I then coloured the background with Mustard Seed and Dried Marigold Distress inks. I darkened the edges with Hickory Smoke Distress ink.
I stamped the Lords and Ladies flower onto separate card-stock and made a mask by stamping onto copy paper and cutting out. I then covered my card-stock, stamped image with the mask and stamped the tall fern from the spray of flowers around the main image. Repeat this process until you are happy with the design and then remove the mask and colour with pencils. The background has been coloured with Squeezed Lemonade and Weathered Wood Distress inks and dots of white paint pen have been added for extra interest.
Cut the design to size, mount onto green card-stock before adhering to the base card with double sided tape. 



For my second card I inked up the Square Bubble background stamp with Onyx Black Versafine ink and dabbed the stamp across the base card and then coloured with Distress inks.
Next I inked up the feather stamp from I Shall Be Your Wings and repeatedly stamped it 5 times to form a circular frame. You will also need to stamp an extra feather onto copy paper and cut out so that the bottom feather in the design can be masked. Once you have your feather masked, ink up the Lords and Ladies stamp with Versafine ink and stamp within the frame you have just created with the feathers. Remove the mask and colour with pencils.
Take your scissors and cut around your feathers, leaving a small white border and then attach to the front of your card using foam pads. To finish off I added I Shall Be Your Wings Sentiment which I had coloured with the background Distress inks.

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous both the cards! Great inspirations for the new release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both the cards. Thank you for sharing these Zjulie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two brilliant designs Julie using the Lords and Ladies and the Feathers stamps, and love the way you have used the foliage to make a lovely background to the main image and the base card on your first, and the wreath of feathers for a frame on the second, and bits of the bubble stamp used for the background works well on the second. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful cards Julie, what wonderful designs and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! What a great idea to make a feather frame too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!