Pin It button on image hover

Friday 1 June 2018

Peacock feathers by Brenda



Good morning, Brenda here and a post scheduled as I am away in the Mediterranean sunshine, well as I write this on a rainy day in the UK I am certainly hoping it will be sunny. My shares from my samples from the recent Hochanda shows where Lesley showcases some beautiful new stamps.

The top creation is Peacock inspired, the base is a greyboard tag coated in white gesso followed by acrylic paint. Using a stencil I added some brickwork using gesso mixed with sparkle paint as my medium and left the top fairly rough to give texture. Next I randomly stamped Square Bubbles and the Fern from Rose Duo using Majestic Blue Versafine. The feathers from "I shall be your Wings" have been stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with detail gold powder and coloured in with Twinkling H20's.......I have not used them for years and decided they had been left unloved for far too long. The sentiment is from the same feather set and finally I added a seam binding bow and inked around the edges of the tag.


A fairly simple DL card and matching envelope. The beautiful Rose from Rose Duo was stamped onto both with Versafine black and coloured in with pencils and the panel matted onto coordinating cardstock.


Here we have a background created with acrylic pain and brayered onto a piece of heavy cardstock, I do this quite randomly not worrying about any lines created by the edges of the brayer as that all adds to the interest. The four feathers from "I shall be your Wings" were stamped with Versamark and three colours of embossing powder shaken across them, if you hold the piece end on the powder will dust across the leaves to give a graduated effect. Finally a piece or organza ribbon.

My thanks for popping in to take a peek today.


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and tag, Have agreat holiday, enjoy the sunshine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all gorgeous, love them all especially the rose and feathers which I have been playing with this morning.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three fabulous pieces of work featuring these new stamps Brenda, great colours and techniques too. I hope you are having a wonderful holiday! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three wonderful cards Brenda, lovely colours and all three have beautiful designs. Hope you are having a fabulous holiday, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, these cards are really wonderful!!! I'm so impressed especially by the first and the last ones, LOVE the colours and the whole design of both them!! I think that "I shall be your Wings" is a fantastic stamp set and these cards show it so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are stunning, particularly love the first one, Peacock as such beautiful birds. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!