Pin It button on image hover

Monday 25 June 2018

Where Imagination meets Reality (by Deborah)

Hello everyone, today sees the final post this month from our Guest Design Team member, Deborah Wainwright. Deborah has created a lovely tranquil project for us this week, mixing and matching several stamp sets to create a colourful scene.

Hello again, today I'm sharing my last piece for a while, and this week I have a tag for you. It's been fun dusting off these stamps and creating with them. All too often we forget our older stamps in favour of new ones, but I hope you have been inspired to play with your older ones, and don't forget all the stamps I've used are still available from the shop.

I used a size 8# greyboard tag from Tando Creative, and gave it a coat of paint using the green (Muted Teal) from the Little Birdie Chalk Paint and Crackle Kit and dried it with a heat gun.

I stamped my main focal point from the Tranquility stamp set and then repeated the stamp onto masking Tissue, cut around the design, and stuck it over the image on the tag. I then repeated this with the flowers. Once both images were masked, using Big Bold Background Belle Flowers and Versamark, I stamped over the masked areas, then sprinkled with a glitter embossing powder and heated it to melt the powder. I then removed the masking tissue to reveal the stamped images below.

Using watercolour paints by Koh-I-Noor I painted first the background flowers, then the main images. Once the first layers were dry I added more pigment, varying the value in this way adds depth to your images. My sentiment is from Punky Expressions.
 


I hope you all like this little tag, thank you all for your lovely comments over the last few weeks, and I'll see you all soon.

Hugs
Debs xx

16 comments:

  1. Lovely tag and your painting looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live this, such delicate colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag, lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully designed and coloured, love the images you've used too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful scene you have created with this pretty buddha image Deborah and love the Belle Flowers which look great in the background, and a pretty mix of colours and lovely colouring by you too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat and thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment xx

      Delete
  6. Beautifully painted and a gorgeous tag, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you're looking for a venue for a small event in this area, you may want to stop by and check it out. The staff at rental spaces for parties is very friendly and the food is great. We preferred this place because they are all-inclusive, so you don't have to worry about chairs and catering because it's all part of the package.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!