Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 30 September 2018

Festival Elephant - by Penny

Goodly morning peeps!  Well here I am again to share another of my Indian inspired samples from last months shows.  I can't believe we're at the end of September already!  This year has flown by - it's ridiculous!
Anyway - back to business, I have a pretty piece of home decor for you today.  I love creating home decor and I wanted to do something different from a canvas. I have used stamps from the Paisley Elephant, Indian Elephant, and Indian Textiles sets; Distress inks, Versafine ink, clear embossing powder, Crackle Medium and some acrylic paints from my stash.



On a piece of white card I stamped and embossed a large elephant.  I then used several small worker images to decorate the elephant's skin.  I've seen pictures of elephants that are decorated and painted for festivals in India, and I wanted to re-create this in my artwork.  I painted the elephant with Distress inks and a gold pen.  It didn't matter about stamping outside  the lines as I would be painting the background.



I painted the background with a dark acrylic paint, when that was dry I added some crackle medium around the edges of the focal panel and left it to develop.   Then when that was dry I used a dry brush to add a neutral colour chalk paint, giving the piece some texture. To complete the vintage, shabby effect I blended some Distress ink and gold pen along the outer edges.
 


I created a frame for the focal panel using greyboard and cutting it to size, and cut an aperture in the front.  I then stamped and embossed some floral and paisley images onto black card, painted them and cut them out.  I painted the frame, added the focal panel and attached the embellishments.  And there we have it - a lovely piece of home decor that will cheer up any room.

Thanks for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed reading this post.  I'll be back next month with more crafty fun and ideas to share, meanwhile my lovely teamies will be here each day with more beautiful projects for you.

So until next time,

                                                             x Penny x

5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Penny.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you Linda, so glad you like it! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. WOW! Penny this is an amazing piece of work, I love the stamping and colours, what a fabulous background too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Kate, it was great fun to create :) xxx

      Delete
  3. What beautiful and bright colours you have used Penny and love your prettily decorated elephant, and the four images in the foreground frame the piece wonderfully well. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!