Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 4 September 2018

Tale of Two Palaces - by Penny

Good morning peeps!  I'm back again to share a couple of my  'Indian' samples from the shows last month.  I hope you are all well and still enjoying good weather.  So pop the kettle on, grab a biscuit (or two) and join me for some crafty fun!  

Palace in Moonlight 




My first project today features stamps from the Indian Textiles and Paisley Elephant sets; Distress Inks, Pearl White pearlescent paint, silver pen, black Versafine ink, clear EP,  and a gold pen.

On a piece of black card I stamped the large Palace image in black ink and embossed it with clear EP.  I then drew a large circle in the middle of the card, with only about two thirds of it showing.  This gives the impression of the moon being behind the palace.  I painted the moon silver, then added highlights to the palace with a silver pen.  I added some clouds to the sky and a reflection below the palace using silver paint.  I then edged the focal panel with silver pen.




On a white base card I stamped a border image using Distress Ink along the top and bottom edge of the card front.  I added accents to the pattern with a gold pen, then attached the focal panel to the base card.  On a piece of spare white card I stamped a sentiment in black and embossed it with clear EP.  I added highlights with a gold pen and blended ink around the edges.


Henna Tattoo Palace




My second project for you features stamps from the Indian Elephant Indian Textiles and Paisley Elephant  sets; Versamark ink, Distress Ink, gold pen, and Silhouette Palace 1 Mask

I began by taking a piece of Kraft card and stamping some Paisley images, a border and a floral image around the edges of it to create a border, using Versamark ink.  I like the effect this gives, it reminds me of Henna Tattoos.  I then placed the palace mask in the center of the panel and traced around the edges with a gold pen to create the palace outline.  I used the script image to stamp through the mask  with Versamark again to create a pattern on the palace.  I finished the panel by adding gold pen around the edge. 




I took a white base card and stencilled the palace using Distress Ink.  I then stamped the same border and Paisley images as before around the edges, and used a waterbrush to paint them.  I took a spare piece of Kraft card and stamped a sentiment with Versamark ink, and die cut it.  I then added part of one of the Paisley images around the inner edges of the sentiment panel, and added gold pen around the outer edges.  I used the pen again to add dots around the words to make them pop, then attached the panel to the card with 3D foam pads.

Thank you for dropping by today and spending time with me, I hope I've given your crafty Mojo something to get it's teeth into lol!

Take care all until next time,


                                  xx  Penny  xx


2 comments:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!