Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 9 October 2018

Tranquil Times (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have two projects to share using the stamps featured on last month's TV shows on Hochanda.

My first project is a piece of home decor which I created by colouring two pieces of drawing cartridge with Distress Ink in tones of blue and green, blending the colours where they met. To the larger piece, I added background stamping, adding the harlequin edge from the Decorative Edges stamp set, and the bubbles image as well.

On the smaller piece, I created a mask from masking tissue in the shape of the headdress, and placed it on the the background, and stamped the bubbles image through the mask. I then used some blue Koh-i-Noor paint to paint the rest of the image freehand, adding some blue, green and orange shading to complete the image. I added some orange shading around both panels before attaching them to a piece of grey mountboard.

Finally, I stamped the Butterfly Dress image onto a spare piece of card, and coloured the butterflies using green and orange tones, before cutting them out and attaching them to the panel. Some words from the Amazing Mackintosh Words stamp set complete this project.

For my second project, I wanted to create a tranquil scene with a coloured panel spotlighted in the centre. I used torn paper to create the hills and ensured that they lined up on the background and extra panel. I used grey/lilac tones for the larger panel, and greens and blues, with a hint of lilac for the foreground panel. I then added the foliage from the Floral Edges stamp set to complete the project, with a sentiment from the Amazing Mackintosh Words stamp set, as before.

I hope that you have enjoyed my projects today, I will be back later in the month, with more ideas to share with you. Thanks for stopping by,

Judith xx

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous cards Judith, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, I love your 'tranquil' one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous pieces Judith, I simply love your freehand figure with the bubbles for a headdress, and the added harlequin edge in that love bright green really complements the blue and orange, and the butterflies finish it so prettily. Then that gorgeous landscape, and so clever to use the spotlight technique to highlight the middle panel, and you've stamped the hills seamlessly and added a great sentiment too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two lovely cards and I especially like the second one with the silhouette stamping, such a peaceful scene x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!