Pin It button on image hover

Friday 28 December 2018

'Tis the Season to be Steampunk (by Deborah)

Hello everyone, a final post this month from our Guest Design Team member Deborah. She has chosen some steampunk inspiration for you today, and this would make a great masculine card.

Deborah writes:

Hello everyone and welcome to my last piece of 2018, which is something less Christmassy. Well I thought you'd probably appreciate a bit of a break from all the Christmas cards, even though it's presented in a Christmas style. Well it is still the season after all.

So for this card I went steampunk, which believe it or not is one of my favourite styles even if I haven't used it much lately. The stamps I used are from Steampunkery which is a fabulous set. I used a mix of inks for the card on top of which I added a burlap topper. I stamped the hat image onto white card which is then mounted onto burlap. For the cogs, I used the beetle stamp from which I cut the cogs, layered the up and stuck them on. All the images were painted with watercolours, and there you have it!


So for this card I went steam punk, which believe it or not is one of my favourite styles even if I haven’t used it much lately. The stamps I used are from Steampunky  which is a fabulous set. I used a mix of inks for the card on top of which I added a burlap topper. I stamped the hat image onto white card which is then mounted onto the burlap. For the cogs, I used the beetle stamp from which  I cut the cogs,  layered them up and stuck them on. All the images were painted with watercolours. And there you have it!
 
Wishing each and everyone one of you a fabulous New Year hugs Debs xxx


5 comments:

  1. I simply adore this card, a big fan of Steampunk! Brilliant!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous steampunk card Deborah and love tbe way you have played with the images, and the colours go perfectly with the style. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I also meant to add my Happy New Year wishes to you and hope you had an enjoyable Christmas. x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card!Love the touch of burlap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!