Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 19 February 2019

Bold and Bright by Brenda


Morning, Brenda back again after just a few days with a few more of my Perfumery cards from the recent Hochanda release.

A rather bright and bold one above with an ecoline ink background, the Roses from Floral Perfumery stamped and cut out to decoupage onto the coloured panel with just the slightest colour added to them. The panel has been simply matted onto white, onto white again as I felt with the colour it needed little more and just a sentiment from the same stamp set which says it all.


This time an acrylic ink background, some subtle stencilling using Useful Leaves Stencil, The main image from Butterfly Perfumery stamped focally but with second generation stamping as I wanted a faded affect, then the Butterfly and Rose stamped again, cut out and decoupaged, plus one of the sentiments randomly stamped across the background.


A watery Brusho background for this one, Floral Perfumery stamped out then the colour bleached away, I needed to let it draw and bleach a second time to get a totally white finish, then matted and layered onto coordinating card stock. A note to those who are asking why I don't just use masking fluid, I could and I do have some, but I find bleaching quite therapeutic and you get some quite interesting effects and not always what you expect.....I did one the other day on some really dark blue Brushos and ended up with lovely aqua colour flowers after adding bleach.....watch this space!!

Many thanks for your visit and I hope I have offered some inspiration.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three really beautiful cards Brenda, and I think the two with the bold backgrounds and contrasting flowers, one bleached and the other with minimal colour are my favourites, but that said the second in those yellow and orange tones is very pretty too, and the line art with the decoupaged flower and added butterfly go perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creations Brenda, love the bold colours and stamps.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards. Beautiful done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the cards today Brenda. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards, all very different and all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful cards, I love the background of the 1st one

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful selection of cards Brenda, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are always so inspiring, Brenda!!! Three fabulous and so different cards, so creative and full of interest!! The first one is just an explosion of vitality, is my favourite!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three beautiful creations but I'm really drawn to the first one. Fabulous work as always Brenda x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!