Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 30 March 2019

Positive Thoughts (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I am sharing my final makes with you for this month. I hope that you have enjoyed what we have created using the sewing themed stamps and the fabulous new Folk Art Garden set of stamps.

I have two projects for you today, the first was created using a limited edition kit that we brought to Hochanda last month featuring a wide paintbrush, which I decorated. I painted the brush using a pale blue paint and dry brushed it with a magenta paint for an accent colour. I stamped some linen fabric which had also been painted with the blue paint, using Plum Archival Ink. I chose one of the ribbon trim images from the Floral Mannequins stamp set. I cut the image out and gathered it up around the top of the bristles with cotton, and stuck it down using double sided tape. I added some Little Birdie Flowers that had been dry brushed with the magenta paint. To complete the project, I stamped part of the large image from The Folk Art Garden onto card, coloured it with water based pens and cut it out, before adhering it to the paintbrush.

To create my second project, I cut a piece of smooth 160 gsm ivory paper to the required size, and made a gelli print. I used two colours of Distress Ink, and added a textured pattern to the plate before I pulled a print. I added the stamped image from The Folk Art Garden all over the background using Sepia Archival Ink. I stamped the sentiment onto a spare piece of paper created in the same way.

To complete the card, I added a strip of hessian, and some toning ribbon before adhering the background to a card blank. The sentiments on this stamp set are so useful to add to a card for someone who needs a bit of encouragement or positivity.

I will be back next month with more projects to share with you. Don't forget to look out for Lesley and I on Hochanda on Tuesday at 10.00 a.m. and 3.00 p.m. with some brand new stamps. Lesley will also be featuring on the screen on Sunday and Monday, so you will have lots of opportunities to see her in action!

Thanks for stopping by,

Judith xx

6 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with tbe brush Judith with the pretty flowers and leaves and the beautifully coloured butterfly, and some lovely lace too, and your card is stunning. I just adore the tone on tone stamping on both halves using one of the smaller stamps, and the hessian, ribbon and sentiment bring it altogether really well. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are Beautiful. And the brush is also beautiful decorated. Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. The brush is amazing Judith, beautifully designed and such a lovely card too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous, I love the paintbrush and wonderful card.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Amazing and so sweet projects, love so much especially the paintbrush!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous Judith and I love your paint brush, it looks really pretty x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!