Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 9 March 2019

Sewing fun...(by Rachel)

Hello there! Rachel here today with some more inspiration from the sewing themed stamps.

I started this sample with an oxide background and then added the mannequins from The Sewing Room and Haberdashery and floral mannequins sets. Finally I added some lace from the Sewing Room set. The colouring was done with watercolour pencils.


Next for this sewing dummy - I painted it first in acrylic paint then stamped the dress base border from the floral mannequins set. Next, on tissue I added the flowers from the floral mannequins set, fussy cut and then added these to the mannequin itself. I finally added more acrylic paint.


This piece was first base coated in acrylic paint before adding stamps from Floral Mannequins and Haberdashery. I then painted the rest of the stamped images in. 


In this final card I created a background in alcohol ink then used lift ink and a lace border stamp from The Sewing room. I used relief paste and the two floral mannequins to add a feature to this background.

I hope this has given you some inspiration.

Rachel xx

10 comments:

  1. Wow, stunning projects!! Love so much them all and especially the sewing dummy, such clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous projects and cards Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your projects Rachel, especially the 'screen' card and the dressmakers dummy! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four gorgeous creations and lots of detail in the sewing dummy and the arch shaped greyboard piece, and love the colours, and your tri-fold card is so pretty using the mannequins and oxide inks, and the last card looks fabulous with the relief paste used for the floral mannequins and the white embossed lace in the background with the stunning alcohol inks. I would so love some of the relief paste but it is always so popular it goes out of stock very quickly. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4 great projects and lots of ideas. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely fabulous Rachel!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous projects Rachel, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much everyone - you are all so very kind xxx I know what you mean Pat about that relief paste - I've got both of the tubs I use when the shows haven't just been on - worth keeping your eye on the website!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a sewer/sewist (?) myself I am really enjoying these stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Four fabulous projects here and I would really struggle to choose a favourite x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!