Pin It button on image hover

Monday 4 March 2019

Stamping On Fabric (by Judith)

Hello everyone, and welcome to my first post of the month for March. As you read this post, I will be on my way to Hochanda for the first of our TV shows for this month, with another show tomorrow. I do hope that you can watch or record the shows to see what Lesley and I have in store for you. The Design Team have created more beautiful projects to inspire you once again.

For my post today, I am taking you back to last month's TV shows, when I created some fabric samples, using the fabulous Haberdashery range of stamps, and want to share a couple of those with you. I have used stamps from Haberdashery, The Sewing Room, and Floral Mannequins stamp sets.

I created a card background using a damp tea bag, which I wiped over a piece of drawing cartridge, then sprinkled some sea salt on top, leaving the background to dry. Once I had wiped the sea salt away, I stamped a range of the little worker stamps from the sets over the background using dark brown ink. I created a tag using scraps of fabric and book paper, then added a mannequin which I had stamped onto kraft card using white embossing powder. I coloured the image with Koh-I-Noor paints. The little sentiment was stamped onto fabric.


The large tag would make a gift in its own right it is so pretty, I made another one in a softer colour option. If you are like me, you have lots of little scraps, and these tags are perfect for adding all of your little bits and pieces. For my TV demo, I simply used double sided tape to attach everything, and did not sew the pieces as I have done in these photographs.

My second project is a little needle case, using lots of the little worker stamps in the stamp sets. I stamped the images onto plain cream fabric using brown Archival Ink, and coloured them with Inktense pencils and a water brush. I added some pretty floral fabric which matched my colours to create the needle case, plus felt for the inside 'pages'.



This was a faily quick project to make and is a great way of using up little pieces of fabric.

I hope that you have enjoyed my projects today, and will try stamping on fabric. As I said during my TV demo, just hold the stamp on the fabric a bit longer than you would on card or paper, there is no need to press any more firmly.

Thanks for stopping by,

Judith xx


7 comments:

  1. Such lovely samples Judith, designs and colours are brilliant, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful, lots of lovely inspiration.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous projects!!! Thanks for sharing the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas Judith, and the background of the card works well using a damp teabag, which is something I have never tried, and I love the fabric and lace which works well with the prettily coloured mannequin on this and the next tag, just so interesting to look at, and your needle case featuring lots of the prettily coloured cotton reels and one of the pin cushions have been watercoloured beautifully using the Inktense Pencils. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and so well thought out Judith. I haven't done a great deal of stamping onto fabric so this post might inspire me to give it another try x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!