Pin It button on image hover

Friday 31 May 2019

Bees (by Magda)

Hi again
Mixed media journaling is for me very relaxing because the thoughts fly from the head to the page:

blending Distress Paint acrylic colours on white gesso, stencil several items, stamping the new stamp "Garden House" with Archival Jet black, colour with Faber Castell aquarelle water colour pencils in matching tones, highlighting here and there with Stickles and finally dividing the sentiment.
What do you say about the result of this page ?




As last project for this month I used the other new Plate of Chocolate Baroque "Trees a Crowd"
a collection of trees and sentiments.

For this card I used watercolor paper, Archival Jet black for stamping and Faber Castell aquarelle water colour pencils for coloring.

At first I coloured the background with the pencils using the technique of holding two or more pencils together before blending with the wet brush.


Then I stamp the trees masking them if required in order to create the scene.  I assembled the mat on the card, stamped the sentiment and finished the card as you can see. 



I wish you a nice crafting June, see you soon again

Magda. 

4 comments:

  1. FABULOUS result and texture on your first card and a lesson learned in colouring on your beautiful second card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the added dimension on that pretty first scene in your art journal Magda, and then the beautiful trees fnished perfectly with the gold cord and the lovely sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely makes and fun technique with two pencils together, it remembers me my young age :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!