Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 11 May 2019

Lazy Days and Purple Haze by Penny

Goodly morning peeps, I hope you are all well and happy.   I am here with the first of this month's DT posts featuring the beautiful stamps from last months shows.  These two cards feature a couple of the lovely tree images, one of my favourite subjects to stamp!

Lazy Days

I have used images from the Trees A Crowd, Floral Edges and Country Views sets, Distress Inks, Black Versafine ink and clear embossing powder.
I stamped and embossed the tree with hills image onto white card, then did the same with a sunset image, placing it next to the tree.  I then joined the images up with a black fine liner pen, and extended the hills.  I painted the images with Distress Inks, and used a watercolour ink for the sky. I added clouds with a white charcoal stick.



I stamped the grassy edge image along the bottom of the panel then blended ink around the edges.  I matted the panel onto black card and attached it to a white base card.  I stamped and embossed a sentiment, die cut it, added some ink around the edges and attached it to the card.  I added a couple of die cuts and gems from my stash to complete the design. 



Purple Haze.


This project also uses stamps from the Trees A Crowd set, Distress Inks and white Gesso.  I wanted to create a misty morning effect for this one, I began with a piece of white card and placed a circular mask near the top.  This will create a sun.



 Using a scenic mask and Distress Inks I created a landscape in several hues of purple, with a pale lavender sky.  I used a dry paint brush to gently add white gesso to create a misty effect.  I then stamped a tree using black ink, and stamped another one next to it without re-inking, pushing it  behind the first tree.  I then stamped the smaller tree in second generation ink, making it appear in the distance.  I used DIs to ground the first two trees.



I matted the focal panel onto purple card, then stamped the small tree around the edges of a white base card.  I turned the image around at each stamping to create a lovely patterned border.  I attached the panel to the base card and added a small sentement panel.



Thank you for popping in and spending a few minutes with me, I hope you feel a little inspired.  I shall be back later in the month with more crafty fun to share, in the meantime my team mates will be here to feed your crafty appetite!

Take care,


                       xx  Penny  xx

5 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Amazing!! Love so much the frame of the second one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very beautiful cards Penny, gorgeous designs and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful, loving the bold colours and gorgeous designs.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!