Pin It button on image hover

Friday 21 June 2019

A Mixture of Mushrooms (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have a few projects to share with you today showcasing the fabulous mushroom stamps that we brought to you on last month's TV shows on Hochanda.

For my first projects, I stamped some Mushrooms from the Autumn Poppy stamp set onto large sticker sheets before cutting them out. This is an alternative to stamping and masking images, and allows you to add your images to patterned backgrounds very quickly. I found a lovely speckled background in my stash box which was a great colour for some mushrooms, which I had created using the wrinkle free distress method.

I stamped the sentiment onto spare card, splitting it in two, and colouring the edges with coordinating Distress Ink.

The next two cards show how backgrounds which are not altogether successful can be used when adding something over the top. The first, a remake of an old project that I made a long time ago, I actually spilled my cup of tea on the background! However, I liked the colours, so carried on anyway.

The next is the TV demo itself, and although I do not like this background so much, perhaps with a bit of pencil shading around the mushrooms, it will grow on me.

I used The Toadstool Garden next, embossed in white on a piece of kraft card, then added some paper piecing for a change. I simply rummaged through my stash box again for scraps of backgrounds left over from other projects, and stamped parts of the image using white embossing powder as before. I cut out the flowers and mushrooms before adding them to the main image.

So there you have it, a few more ideas for you using these fabulous images. I hope that you will try some of them out yourselves. Thanks for stopping by,

Judith xx

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful selection of cards Judith, fabulous designs and beautifully coloured too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all fantastic Judith and I love all the mushroom images, and the different backgrounds all work so well. I especially love the first as the background is so perfect as a backdrop, and then the white embossing with the red and yellow is beautiful and the tea stain looks like a lovely shadow, and then the harmony of the tones on the third between the leafy background and the pretty toadstools, and lastly the kraft card and the super paper piecing which all contrast with and stands out from the background so beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful different cards with the same stamp, all very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!