Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Teeny Mushroom Houses (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have two projects to share with you today featuring the fabulous Mushroom House stamp set featured on last month's TV shows on Hochanda.

My first card is a moonlit scene and was a demo on one of the shows. I stamped the image onto a piece of drawing cartridge, and then masked the image with masking tissue, also masking off a moon shape in the sky. I drew the rest of the grass line with a permanent fineliner pen and then added colour with Distress Inks. I added some extra yellow from the moon across the sky, falling where the moolight would shine on the image and the grass.

I removed the masks and added colour to the moon with Distress Ink. I then coloured the Mushroom House with pencils, colouring all down the right hand side with a yellow pencil to represent the moonlight. Finaly, I added some white dots in the sky with a gel pen for some stars.

To create my second project, I again used a piece of drawing cartridge for the background. I inked the bottom part of the image, using masking tape to cover the top part, and then before I stamped the image, I removed the masking tape. I then cleaned the stamp and inked the top part of the image, using masking tape to prevent getting ink on the bottom part of the stamp. I removed the masking tape before I stamped the top part of the image halfway up the card.  I drew hills with a fineliner pen to create a scene, and coloured the sky, hills and houses with Distress Inks and a waterbrush. I added extra stamping using images from the Teeny Weeny Meadow stamp set.

I had a lot of fun working with this particular stamp and hope that my projects have given you a few ideas. Thanks for stopping by,

Judith xx

4 comments:

  1. I think this Mushroom House is so pretty but at the same time fun and quirky too, and I love what you have done with these two very different interpretations Judith both beautifully coloured and particularly the way you have masked and stamped it on the second making two smaller houses, such a great idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are So VERY clever and very beautiful.
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely landscapes!! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!