Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 13 July 2019

Smell the Roses by Brenda


Good morning, Brenda here with some of my samples using the new Rose and Thistle and Rose stamps that Lesley launched on Hochanda TV last month, such perfect images for making Summer cards........and confetti, I have been dehydrating rose petals on a daily basis to fill little boxes to hand out to guest as they arrive at Church for our eldest Granddaughters wedding.

The panel of the top card was masked before stamping the Rose from Rose Set using Distress Markers direct to stamp and spritzed with water to bleed the colours before stamping. With the masking tape still in place I used DI's to create the frame and a brick stencil to add some background interest, finally stamping a sentiment from Birthday Words.


Next a card with matching envelope, I masked the bottom of the card both front and back and repeat stamped the Rose and Thistle from the set of the same name using Distress Markers direct to stamp along with a spritz of water before stamping. Next I added some shading with DI, then 'splodged'......a very technical term......more of the same DI onto my glass craft mat, a little water and inked up a fan brush and flicked it over the stamping to give the effect of grass.  I masked the envelope with a post it note, stamped the flowers and again some shading with the same DI. The sentiment is from Words to Dazzle and Sparkle.


                                                    
  

For this one I stamped the image with Versafine onto black card and embossed with detail gold EP. I ripped the edges, inked and added more gold EP and the same with the sentiment panel.


I love purple and teal together so those two colours of Distress Ink were the inspiration for this one. Using my stamping platform I repeat stamped this pretty bloom by inking the image with Distress Markers and water.........and yes, this is a favourite technique of mine as you might have guessed from this post. It doesn't work with all stamps but where there is a lot of detail and rubber it works brilliantly.

My final share and yes you guessed right, the stamp platform and Distress Markers again and here I have tried to show how east it is to get a totally different look from the stamp as using this method to add ink you can focus on just the focal blooms and leaves and leave out the other areas of the stamp. I then added some stencilling to the background.

My thanks as always for your visit today, myself and the Design Team always appreciate your words of encouragement.

5 comments:

  1. These cards are all so beautiful Brenda and I too love the multi colour ink look and spritzed with a little water gjves a wonderful watercoloured finish, and the black with gold embossing is so dramatic. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many beauties with those gorgeous roses!! Love so much the techniques you used, and thanks for the tips on which stamps the spritz with water works better ... I have to try again :) Love so much the way you made the grass in he second card!! Great idea put petals in little boxes for your Granddaughter's wedding! It's so romantic! :)
    Absolutely adore the fourth card, such amazing vibrant colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning selection of cards, designs and colours are wonderful, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!