Pin It button on image hover

Friday 9 August 2019

Tomte tomte tomte tom (By Rachel)

Hello there! Rachel here today with some more gorgeous Tomte makes - these wee guys really are sooooo much fun - I love them to pieces!!! Here's some of my makes with them from the July shows:

When I first got the A Tomte Christmas stamps - they screamed 'scene' to me - so this was my first make - I stamped the wee tomte then coloured them with water colour pencils before masking them and the moon. Then I used torn paper and inks and brushes to create the landscape.


Next I stamped the triple Tomte trouble stamp...they are so very cheeky! J just coloured them with water colour pencils then masked them plus the circle underneath them and finally used distress inks to create the background and then finally used water to spritz and flick and get the splatter effect. 


In this third card I used a gelli background that I created using some of the other stamps from the show (a christmas garden set) and inks and added a circle of card stamped with the snowflake bauble stamp (from shaded bauble set). Finally I added the small Tomte in the foreground. 


.....and finally for today the largest Tomte, stamped onto a mat and coloured using water colour pencils. I added a pen line around this and added the mat to a card I had stamped with the small leafy stamp from the show (from a Christmas Garden).


I do hope I have given you some inspiration of ways to use your Tomte stamps.... big hugs!
Rachel xx

7 comments:

  1. Just love these cards and the stamps are so cuuuute xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four fabulous Tomte gnome cards Rachel and all so different and beautifully coloured. I particularly love the clever use of the leaves on the last which frames the card so prettily, and the first with the snowy scene too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Rachel I love the different techniques you have used. My favourite is the bauble on the gelli plate background it's gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been that keen on gnomes....until now! All these ideas from you all are making me change my mind! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!