Pin It button on image hover

Friday 20 April 2012

Haberdashery frame (posted by Judith)

When I received the new Haberdashery stamp plate from Glenda, I knew that I wanted to decorate a box with compartments in which to place all of the elements. I didn't have one the right size, so I set about making one myself from grey board. I cut two pieces of 8" x 8", and trimmed squares from the top one before glueing them together. I painted the piece with acylic paint, and dry brushed it with a small amount of cream paint, to give it a distressed, aged feel. I then added some of Lesley's new lovely Chic Script paper as a background.

I stamped several of the images onto white card, and coloured them with Polychromos pencils, choosing colours from the background papers. I shaded the colours to give a rounded feel to the elements. I embossed the scissors and the thimble onto gold card, using gold embossing powder. I printed a couple of the butterflies from Lesley's downloads onto card and cut those out, adding flower stamens for antennae. I then made a little banner and stamped the sentiment for the top of the frame.

I added an acetate skirt to the mannequin, which I laid over the top of the original coloured version, and used Glossy Accents to stick them together. To finish, I chose one of the lace stamps from the Lace Framents stamp plate, which I stamped onto pink vellum with white embossing powder. I stuck this across the middle 'shelf' of the frame.

I had a lot of fun making this project, and the stamps really lend themselves to this kind of thing. Keep an eye out for what my Design Team mates have come up with over the coming days. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

8 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at the innovative ideas here. A fantastic piece of art. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Eine wunderschöne Karte.
    Ich bin total begeistert. Die Details sind einfach Spitze!
    Eine großartige Stempel-Platte.

    Viele Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that acetate skirt & the frilly lace across the middle shelf - it looks like you had brilliant fun with this.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it's is fantastic, I love how you have put all the elements together in this way and made them look so dimensional.the lace across the shelf is a great idea
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love that Judith I can see you had fun making it , great idea for the lace and acetate skirt. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this Judith, the colours and all the sewing elements. a really fab piece. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely Judith, I love those scissors, and the acetate over the dress form is a great idea, and the lace in the middle looks real too.
    Alexandra x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifull card, I really like the stamps!!!and you made a very nice dressingroom with them!!!

    Greetings

    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!