Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 7 February 2016

Floral Beauties (by Julie)



Hello and welcome! The four new stamps Chocolate Baroque have to offer you this month are a real treat, so today I have chosen two of them to show you and they are Crackling Rose and Floral Musica.


This first card is Crackling Rose, which I have stamped onto watercolour card using Onyx Black Versafine and then water-coloured with brush markers. I cut the design out using an oval die and layered onto another oval matt, coloured with Hickory Smoke Distress ink which I then over stamped with the crackle egg from the clear, Natural Egg set. The birthday sentiment is from Amazing Birthday, which again has been cut using a die. I then finished off the card by running Crystal Stickles around the edges of the die cut pieces and to the rose design.


Floral Musica was used to create my second card and was stamped and water-coloured as before.
The base card was stamped with the heart from Music Fanfare and coloured with Marigold and Mustard Seed Distress inks and then finished off with touches of a white high-lighter pen.

Many thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again soon.

Julie xx

14 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards, must have stamps, love them both

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards, beautiful colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both look delicate and fresh out of the garden; such beautiful colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All Two beautiful cards. So beautiful color and a beautiful background. Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two really pretty cards Julie using these new stamps and the colouring is lovely and the backgrounds and die cut layers enhance them both beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my what gorgeous cards Julie, the colours and your designs are stunning, fabulous backgrounds too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many thanks for your lovely comments ladies, these stamps are a dream to work with.
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous samples but now I've got that song in my head and it wont go!!! Neil Diamond....... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crackling Rosie?? I nearly titled my post with it ha ha!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful cards Julie and I love the colouring of the second one. I never think to use yellow but this is gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are wonderful the crackle effect on the first looks great with the delicate flower

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!