Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 11 February 2016

Flowers Galore (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with  two cards to share today, both using some of this month's new releases .


This first card features the beautiful Flora Musica, I've coloured the image with Graph'It markers and as I didn't have an oval die to fit I went for it and cut it out. It was a wee bit wonky but I dusted on a little Black Soot distress ink and distressed with a craft knife. I drew round the image on black card and cut that out too,  I create the background with Festive Berries and Aged Mahogany distress inks applied to my craft mat, misted with water and then swooshed the card through a few times. Once that was dry I stamped with some of the stamps from Music Fanfare and again distressed the edges before mounting on black card. To finish off I've added some faux gold pearls in the corners, a shabby red seambinding bow and a brass button from my stash.

My second card features Harlequin Bouquet, I've got a bit of an addiction for harlequin stamps so  I'm sure this one will be a firm favourite. I began by creating the background, I used black texture paste through a harlequin stencil on white card. Once that was dry I distressed with Black Soot distress ink and a craft knife and layered it on black card. I stamped the focal image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured with Graph'It Markers.


I cut the image out, distressed with a kraft knife and layered it with 3d foam, adding a bow and paper flower to finish off.

I hope you're having as much fun with this month's new stamps as we are. 
Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards, adore the first one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Claire, was für wundervolle Karten mit prächtigen Farben und Motiven.
    Ich bin begeistert.

    herzlichst Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards, love the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Claire! Wow, you were brave handcutting an oval! Great job too and I love the dramatic effect of the the black and white harlequin background to co-ordinate with the stamp on the second one.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh just so beautiful Claire, wonderful colours and designs both, fabulous backgrounds, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both beautiful, but I really love the harlequin-pattern, so the second is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards Claire and the harleqin one has particularly taken my eye and its pretty textured background. It was very clever of you to cut your own oval shapes though and the colours on both cards are lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. two beauties Claire - I do love the first one especially - its fabulous! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Two very striking - and beautiful - cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, two gorgeous cards. The first one has all that red that just pops. The second card has a very intriguing design layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!