Pin It button on image hover

Friday 26 February 2016

Sending Smiles (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I'm back again with another project created using one of this month's featured stamps. I hope that you are enjoying the Design Team inspiration using these lovely stamps, we have been really enjoying creating our artwork for you.

I decided to create a piece of collage in the style of an old postcard as the focal point for my card, and so I cut a piece of scrapbook paper to the correct size, and gathered a selection of stamps that I could use to create my postcard. I chose a couple of butterflies, and two stamps from a great little mini set found within this collection.

I stamped the butterflies first, and covered them with a mask, before adding the large flower stamp. I then added the little postage mark, and the postcard sentiment last. I coloured the images with pencils, and edged the piece with Distress Ink.

I created a little tag from a piece of scrap card to fit a small paper wallet, and stamped a fitting sentiment, taken from the Amazing Birthday stamp set. I added some stamps from the Mail Art mini stamp set as before to complete the tag, along with some dark brown ribbon.
If you would like to know more details about my card, then hop along to my blog. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx



5 comments:

  1. Great card, I love the postcard idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Judith, lovely colours and love the postcard idea too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very pretty - I love this - gorgeous colours! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty Judith and I love the green watery background and then the prettily coloured roses presented as a postcard and what a great idea to put the sentiment on a tag finished perfectly with the piece of ribbon. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!