Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 5 March 2016

Babushka by Zoe

Good morning Lovelies, today it's my turn to share my creation's using the fab new Stamps.

I went quite Rustic for both tag and card, using Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge and Hickory Smoke distress inks on my tag, I added texture by splashing some water and dabbing dry and stamping in a grey ink pad bits from the Decorative Edges set you can see better in the close up photo, I added some splatters using Hickory Smoke re-inker slightly watered down, my images I stamped using Stazon and then just as bit of "faux bleaching" with a water brush and added some shading using the same colour inks to give some depth and finally touched up with a white fine tipped gel pen.

 

My second card I used a die to create the layers which I sprayed with Fossilised Amber Distress Spray Stain and edged with Walnut Stain distress ink, I used a low tack tape on the back of the die cuts to stick them together so I could stamp the buildings, I layered them up, some on foam pads to create some dimension, the Dolls were simply stamped, coloured with pencils and decoupaged.

Thank you so much for visiting, I hope I've inspired you, have a great day xx Zoe xx

 

12 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! Love the backgrounds.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both these creations Zoe and the tag works beautifully with just the buildings and I adore the spattering and faux bleaching techniques used here. The card looks great with that shaped background and the sprayed inks and the three pretty babushka dolls as the focal image work wonderfully. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Zoe there are gorgeous, what wonderful colours and designs. Great inspiration, thank you, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cards. I love how you have done the background on the second card and the splattering on the first is so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both super, I can see it's going to be fascinating month seeing all the clever stuff you all come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful projects, but I think that the tag is absolutely beautiful - great work!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful designs, great colours and beautiful stamps!!!

    Have fun!!
    MAria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both look so dreamy-vintage and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked your card with dolls Zoe! It is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tag is glorious! The faux bleaching together with the shading and highlights is really effective. The background on your card is superb. It's a perfect backdrop for those beautiful Russian dolls. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the ethereal look of these two pieces Zoe. The colours are gorgeous and the splatters create a loveky effect.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!