Pin It button on image hover

Monday 7 March 2016

Babushkas (by Veronica)

 It was quite a challenge playing with the new babushka doll stamps - I kept wishing they were bigger!
I found some readymade fancy fold card blanks that I had forgotten I had bought - must have been years ago - and the diamond fold ones were just the right size for the dolls, 13.5 cm square when folded.
Backgrounds are distress inks dabbed onto a mat, spritzed with water and mopped up with card - I think I only used tumbled glass asnd peeled paint.
I stamped the dolls onto white card with black Memento ink, and coloured with watercolour pencils before cutting out and mounting onto my diamond panel.
The side panels were cut from the same piece of inked card, but stamped directly onot the card then coloured with the pencils.
I used orange mats to pick up the colours of the dolls.


Apologies for the paler photos, the day was quite overcast when I took the photos, the colour in the first scanned image is more accurate.

Check back over the next few days to see what everyone else has made, some really gorgeous ideas coming up!

8 comments:

  1. In this colours they look like they should be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the backgrounds and the dolls and the buildings on the separate cards all work beautifully. I think the softer tones work really well. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards love the color combi. Janny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creations Vronnie, super colours xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delightful set of cards. Love the backgrounds and you have shown the beauty of the buildings in these cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really so pretty, your colours and colouring are beautiful and a super card design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you used this base card shape Vronnie and the colours are gorgeous either the bright version of the paler one! I agree with Kate, it's a stunning design.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!