Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 6 March 2016

I am my own unique self (posted by Claire)

Good morning folks, Claire here with a quick project made using the fabulous new Babushka stamps. I've made a canvas using various sizes of these lovely new stamps and one of the sentiments from an old favourite stamp sheet Artistic Affirmations.


I began by adding a little texture to the canvas using some texture paste and a stencil although you can't see it very well in the photos. Next I stamps the various Babushka stamps on tissue paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I left it to dry and then coloured one of the larger images carefully using Graph'It Markers. To decide which image to colour lay the tissue paper over the canvas so you can see where the edges are and decide which image to colour. I lightly marked the position of the canvas with a pencil and stamped the sentiment with Versamark before embossing with Gold Embossing powder.


I applied a layer of matte gel medium to the canvas and used this to adhere the stamped tissue paper to the canvas. Remember to separate the layers of the tissue and only apply one to the canvas. Once that was dry I used a dark grey pencil to create some shadows. I used a versamark pen to cover the coloured image with ink and applied a layer of clear embossing powder and repeated this several times to create a thick glossy layer  To finish off I added some gilding wax to the edges of the little canvas.

Thanks for visiting today, 
Claire xx


9 comments:

  1. This is a great idea Claire just highlighting one of the dolls and the sentiment is just perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Claire, I love your technique and the stamps are gorgeous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very unique idea. Your sentiment matches your card exactly. Love you colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me to. Nice card. I love it. Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun and so great combined image-text card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a clever concept Claire, beautiful colours on the doll and equally beautifully coloured in, your colouring skills are outstanding xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this canvas especially the use of spotlighting on one of the images. She is coloured up like jewels in a crown. Fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant way to highlight the quote Claire! I love it!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!