Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 17 March 2016

Steampunk Babushka (posted by Claire)

Good morning folks, Claire here with a  fun card using one of the gorgeous new Babushka stamps from Chocolate Baroque, these stamps are so cute but I thought it would be fun to give this little lady a bit of a steampunk twist.
I began by creating a 'marbled stains' background using Burnished Pewter, Walnut Stain, Tarnished Brass, Picket Fence and Tea Dye. Next I cut a square for my background and stamped Babushka on another scrap of the background with Archival black ink and coloured her with coloured pencils. I stamped the cogs from Punky Romance on the background with versamark ink and embossed with Gold embossing powder. It looks almost black in the pic but that's my bad photography lol. I stamped 'Imgine' (from Artistic Expressions) with Versamark and again embossed with gold embossing powder.

 I took a scrap of vellum and stamped the 'bat' wings from Steampunk Butterfly and embossed with black embossing powder. I cut them out and stuck them to the back of Babushka and layered her up on the background with 3d foam pads.

 Don't forget to keep popping back to see what my talented teamies have been creating. Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Claire...
    Was für eine tolle Karte und vor allem eine super Idee.
    Darauf wäre ich nie gekommen. Klasse!

    Herzlichst Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Claire - what a fabulous idea! I simply LOVE it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so different; great vintage card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool, I love anything steampunk (and have that set of stamps myself - use them all the time :) ) and a steampunk babushka is very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Steampunky images and the cogs in the background are fabulous with the Babushka, and considering that this is the sort of imagery of Russia, or USSR of the 3os and 40s it all goes well together,love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, fab card xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh lovely steampunk style card and what a fab way to use the Babushka.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!