I have been using some lovely pretty patterned papers and combining them with stamping to make a couple of cards suitable for a wedding, or maybe a Baptism or Christening.
These papers are on sale in the Chocolate Baroque shop at the moment. They are lovely paper pads to have in your stash so worth taking a look. I have bought several different sets and I love them all.
Card 1 - In this first one I cut away the centre of the patterned paper and created a pretty stamped scene to layer behind the aperture – coloured with watercolour pens. You need a paper with a border type design for this one. Paper pad: Crafty Individuals Book 7 (Shades of Summer). Scene stamps were from the Sunburst Scenes set.
Card 2 - In this one I used a die to cut into the paper and stamped directly onto the patterned paper. You need a fairly pale all over type of paper design for this one. Paper pad: Crafty Individuals Book 3 (Springtime).Scene stamps were from the Village Life set.
- 6 X 6 inch white card blanks
- Smooth stamping card (card 1), pale blue card and pearlescent white for die cuts (card 2)
- Watercolour pens (greens, greys, blues and orange)
- Alcohol pen (dark grey for edging mats)
- WOW embossing powder (Opaque Bright White) – for sentiments and church (card 2)
- Stickles glitter glue (Diamond) for added sparkle
- Dies to cut the aperture and to decorate the frame (card 2)
- PVA pearls (card 2)
- Adhesive and 3D glue gel