1. Stamp the music sheet fragment from Music Fanfare A5 sheet with Archival Jet Black ink.
2. Apply thin coat of White Gesso to knock back the music sheet.
3. When completely dry, apply Distress Crayons or Gelatos and blend with finger.
4. Enhance colours around the edges with Distress Inks.
5. Stamp the focal images from Music Fanfare A5 sheet with Archival Jet Black ink and colour with pencils.
6. Colour some texture paste with Distress Stain and, with TCW stencil, apply around the edges.
7. When completely dry, add highlights with a white gel pen and extra embellishments with Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accent.
If, like me, you are new to the world of mixed media art, I hope you will be inspired by my simple maiden project and give it a go. The important thing is to have fun with colours and textures.
As always, more details on tools and products used are available on my blog. And be sure to stop by often for more fabulous projects by the rest of the team. Have a brilliant day!