I have used ink spritzing and stamping with texture stamps to create interesting backgrounds. I have used the large gem slice stamp and heat embossing with sparkling pink powder to add a colourful textured foreground for my scene. The butterflies were also stamped and embossed, then coloured and cut out.
Both scenes were created in the same way but I took one of them a step further by mounting on a larger card with a textured embossing powder border (using heat resistant tape to adhere the powder before heating), die cut foliage and floral gems, finishing with another of the lovely stamped butterflies. Of course I just had to add PVA pearls and glitter in there too.
We have all had so much fun creating with this month’s theme of texture.
- Just Butterflies, Nature Fragments, Abstract Fragments and Tall Trees stamp sets
- 12 X 15cm and 15 X 17cm white card blanks
- 11 X 14cm watercolour card
- Ink spritzers (lime green with mica and bright pink)
- Watercolour pens for colouring and background stamping (green, teal, blue, pink and purple)
- Glitter pens (blue and green)
- Heat embossing powders (cerise with glitter, and textured mix of fine and chunky pink, black and white)
- Inkpad for stamping trees (dark green)
- Glitter glue (aqua holographic)
- Alcohol markers for edging card and colouring die cuts (green and pink)
- Floral shaped faux gems (pink and blue)
- PVA pearls (purple)
- Heat resistant double sided tape (Wonder Tape - for heat embossed border)
- Foliage Dies