Pin It button on image hover

Monday 18 December 2017

Hyacinths and More (by Julie)

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. Here are three more floral ideas that I made for Lesley's Hochanda TV shows.


My first card is stamped with Breath of Spring. The focal flower was stamped onto water-colour card  with Onyx Black Versafine and coloured with pencils before adding Crystal Stickles. The background is a mixture of Brusho powders and once dried acrylic paint was sponged through a circle stencil. White Gesso was painted around the flower to make it stand out from the background and the card was finished off with a sentiment from Birthday Words.


My second card is made from one of the smallest stamps from the Lily set. I inked up the little foliage stamp with dark green Versafine and repeatedly stamped it in a circle design. No special measuring or positioner was used. The trick is to move the stamp around so the little hook on the end of the design forms a circle which you can see in the centre of the design. The background has been coloured with Distress inks and the sentiment is from Birthday Words.


For my last card I have used the very versatile Hydrangea Tag.
The centre panel was stamped with the script stamp which I inked up with a plum coloured dye ink. I stamped it several times to cover the panel before colouring the background with Distress inks. The little tag design was stamped with the same ink, coloured with Distress inks and then cut out. I threaded silver elastic cord through the tag and around the centre panel before mounting onto the card with foam pads. 
The base card was stamped with the Hyacinth from the Hyacinth set which I inked up using the plum ink as before.

Many thanks for looking.

Best wishes
Julie xx

8 comments:

  1. Two fab cards and especially love the first one, such a fab background you made for the hydrangea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, I love that flower from Breath of Spring set mainly because it's the only one I own, think I might have to buy the hydrangea stamp soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three beautiful cards Julie and all so different. I love the second with its repeated pattern in those wonderful bright colours and such a pretty background to the purple flower on the first, and the last has that vintage look with the browns and purply pinks, and love the all over pattern you have created for the background. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful cards Julie, your designs and colouring are wonderful, love everyone of them, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Julie, I love the gorgeous colours and stamps.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three beautiful cards ajulie. My favourite is the first one. I hope you and the family will have a lovely Christmas. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards I loved them. Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all lovely and so varied.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!