Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 20 January 2018

Springtime Canvas (by Penny)

Hello everyone, Penny is back with another beautiful project to share with you today. You are sure to be inspired by her pretty canvas.

Penny writes:

Hello there, I have a mixed media canvas to share with you today featuring some more beautiful Spring floral stamps from Chocolate Baroque. I have used stamps from the Hyacinth, Lily, and Breath of Spring stamp sets; acrylic paint, black Versafine ink, Distress Inks, Liquid Pearls, and Stickles.

I took a small canvas and stamped a hyacinth directly onto it using black ink then embossed with clear embossing powder. I masked the image with masking tissue and repeated the process twice. I then painted the whole canvas with blue acrylic paint. When the paint was dry I sponged over it with silver acrylic paint to add texture. I then stamped and embossed some silhouette images randomly onto the canvas. I removed the masks and painted the flowers in a Folk Art style to make them look more realistic.


I stamped and embossed the poem from the Breath of Spring stamp set onto a piece of white card, then tore the edges to give them a shabby distressed look. I blended Distress Ink over the whole piece then edged it with a darker tone. Next, I stamped and embossed a butterfly from one of the silhouette images onto another piece of white card. I painted it, cut it out, and attached it to the canvas by the body only, to create movement with the wings.I attached the poem in 3D as well. I added Liquid Pearls to the silhouette images and Stickles to to the centres of the flowers. To complete the piece I rubbed silver gilding wax around the edges of the canvas.

I hope that you have enjoyed this post, I really enjoyed creating the canvas and showing you how I did it! There are step by step details and pictures on my blog.

Happy Crafting Everyone!

Penny x

5 comments:

  1. Such amazing canvas!! Love the spring feel and the touches of silver on blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Penny!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Penny, beautiful colours and lots of lovely texture, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful canvas by Penny and love the bright colours with the lilac/blue background with the delightful flourishes and then the two hyacinth flowers and butterfly in that pretty bright pink . The bright yellow for the sentiment plaque is not necessarily a colour you would normally put together with the other two but it does work really well. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!