Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Easter Egg Flower (Posted by Clare)

Hello all!  I know Easter has past us up once again, but I am still celebrating, and wanted to share this card with you!  The stamps from Chocolate Baroque's Baroque Eggs are fantastic!  So much detail, and so versatile!

On this card I stamped the eggs on white cardstock using Versamark ink, then heat embossed them in white detail powder.  I used a sponge dauber to shade them in, using peach and purple inkpads.  The rose in the center was made using scraps from punched images.  I put a blob of glue on a piece of scratch peach cardstock about the size of a dime (US) then positioned the petals after using my flower former stylus on them.  When dry, I just cut around it close to the outside row of petals.   The next purple layer is a long piece of cardstock, about 12" long and 2" wide.  I used my score-buddy to score lines across the 2" side at every 1/4", then alternately folded them opposite each other, and adhered the ends together, then pushed down in the center and adhered to the white base cut with a Spellbinders Scalloped Lacey Circle.  This was popped up on the peach layer, which was punched with a Martha Stewart's All Over the Page punch called Crochet Flower.  This was mounted on a piece of light purple cardstock cut to just 1/8" larger than the punched peach piece, and then on white cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment in purcple on white cardstock, hand-cut it out, sponged the edges peach, the adhered with dimensionals.  I added some pearls, and "Voila".  Finished size is 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" square. 


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea.This card is so stunning,I love it.
    Felicie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an utterly original use of the eggs & I love the way you layered that orange punched layer over the mauve to pick up on the patterning of the eggs. Your floral centre is beautiful - I could sit & look at these colours all day!
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!