Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Guest Post - Festive Cheer by Pauline Orr

This week is the final in our series of guest posts by Pauline who has designed this colourful card using the Turtle Doves.




This is the last of my August GDT using the fab new Christmas stamps from Chocolate Baroque, Snowy Scenes and Turtle Doves.

Materials
Turtle Dove stamp set
Distress ink
Versamark
Gold acrylic paint
WOW Clear embossing powder
Diamond Stickles
Seam binding ribbon
Matt black card, Stamping card and Kraft card
3d Glue gel
Layering dies


  1. Starting with an 8"x 8" card blank, I cut a matt black layer slightly smaller than the 8x8 and a Kraft card layer smaller than the black.  I then painted around the Kraft card layer with Gold acrylic paint and then cut stamp card just slightly smaller (so it became a gold frame)
  2. Using the Stamping card to make a background, I splodged on distress ink in Festive Berries and Mowed Lawn with Cut and Dry foam. Then, using a small turtle dove stamp, I stamped randomly with Mowed Lawn. I also stamped using just water and one of the corner branch stamps dabbing with a paper towel to lift off the ink.
  3. I dyed the ribbon in Festive Berries distress ink and when all was dry I stuck this to background layer and made a bow.
  4. For the topper I stamped the berry branch stamp randomly around the edge of the card in Versamark, added Clear embossing powder and blasted with the heat gun. I then splodged Mowed Lawn and Festive Berries onto the topper with Cut and Dry foam. I then stamped the same branch stamp using the Festive Berries distress ink and highlighted the berries using Diamond Stickles.
  5. I stamped out the pear tree and painted with distress ink and gold acrylic paint, cut out and stuck using 3d gel. I also wanted to add something to the ribbon so used another of the turtle dove stamps, which I cut out and coloured with distress ink and gold acrylic. I dotted Stickles to the swirls just because I love it! So there you have it.
It's been a huge honour to GDT for Glenda and the Chocolate Baroque team, thank you for having me. I've loved these stamps and I've had fun showing you how I created my pieces. You can catch me at https://mrsocraftyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Crafty hugs
Pauline xx

A huge dose of thanks from us all at Chocolate Baroque Pauline for your beautiful cards, I am sure that you have inspired many people over the past three weeks. Don't forget to take a look at Pauline's blog where she continues to share her creations.

25 comments:

  1. Gorgeous xxxx Love this set and what you have done with it, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That BG is stunning and super for that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful background created and such stunning colours, love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours of the background

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card with lots of glitter and the colours are so pretty. These stamps are so versatile and the berry branch in the background is a wonderful filler stamp and what a great idea to colour the seam binding ribbon with the ink to get the perfect match. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stamps are superb Pat, and I only ever buy white ribbon so I can dye it to match my project, Px

    ReplyDelete
  7. The marble background is great and lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fascinating to read how you created the large background panel & framed it so beautifully with the gold to echo the painting of the images. I particularly like the fact that you've used the traditional red & green but not obtrusively so (it took a while to register in my mind). The resist sprigs on the topper panel are so unusual with the ink layering technique & pick up the white card base & the white edge trimming your images so effectively.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing the tip with the gold acrylic paint - I will use that one, if I can remember it, in the future. Love that beautiful background and then dying ribbon to match it - genius! TYFS Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! Love the background!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely, the colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply gorgeous. Really enjoyed reading how you made your card Pauline. tfs.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!