Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 8 January 2015

All of a flutter (posted by Claire)

Good morning and Happy New Year, today is my first post of 2015 with this month's new release stamps which are perfect for getting ahead with those Valentine projects. This card uses stamps from Fluttering Hearts with one of the borders from Poppy Edges which co-ordinates beautifully with the new stamps.


I began by stamping the floral edge stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on a scrap of stamping card. I took a larger piece of card and stamped both the large and small bird/heart stamps, again with Memento Ink. I used Graph'It markers to colour the images before cutting out the floral edge.

I took a cloud template that I'd cut from some scrap card and used PanPastels to create a cloudy effect in the background. PanPastels are perfect for this as if you go over the image you can use a pencil eraser to remove the colour. I layered the floral edge over the little scene with 3d foam and used a layer of white and then pink card to mat the scene. Lastly I stamped the sentiment with black ink.

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

12 comments:

  1. I love the colours you have used here. The addition of the black really makes the others stand out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Claire. A useful reminder of the value of being able to remove Pan Pastel colour over certain areas. The edge stamp co-ordinates perfectly and I like your bright colour choices against the more monochrome sky and black stamping. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet, lovely ard. Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card Claire I love the pretty colours it reminds of Spring time and that's great as its very dark and wet here today
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful illustration of how to co-ordinate different CB sets - the floral border echoes the floral heart superbly & I love how your matting of white & pink picks out your colouring of individual flowers in that border. The pink mat complements your selective use of pink in the design & the serrated edges of the clouds bring out the crimped edges of the butterfly, birds' tails & heart flowers.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, Claire. The clouds really are pretty and perfect for your scene. I haven't used pan pastels before and really should.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely early hint of Spring Claire, lovely choice of soft colour and wonderful clouds.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so sweet - love the cheerful colourfulness :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Claire and such pretty pastel colours which gives it a kitch sort of country look. I love the cloud stencil which you made and the Pan Pastels work beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cloud background is amazing! And love the colours and super spring feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty card! I love it and the clouds are beautiful. I got my Pan Pastels out for the first time in an absolute age the other day, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!